Perhaps I was on The Right Track

 Back when I was just graduated high school, I was confused about the major I was about to take in college. Back then, I was thinking more about the university, rather than the major, actually.

I really wanted to go to ITB. No particular reason, it's simply the best college in town. But I was too fearful. I wasn't confident enough.

There was one time that I had thought "I'm going to take mathematics". Because the smartest dude in my school actually chose that.

But then my parents remind me "What will you become after?". I couldn't answer. That other dude already had a plan.

In the end, I took Electronics Engineering in the college that my dad used to attend. While that other dude changed his major from mathematics to computer science. I didn't know if it was possible. But that dude's old man is a professor in ITB, so he probably has his way.

I don't regret my decision... actually, I kind of do. I like my time in college learning engineering, but I kind of regret that I didn't take computer science instead.

I'm learning computer science by my own now. In part of that journey, I'm also learning math. Now thinking back, it could have been a correct decision if I had taken the math major. Apparently lots of companies require math graduates.

But hey, who am I kidding? My brain might not be able to endure that.

Komentar

Postingan Populer